I love this awesome bean and vegetable soup. It is one of my favorites.
Up until now, I had been making bean and vegetable soup in the slow cooker. Most of the time, though, using dried beans just didn’t work out well with my schedule.
That was until I found this recipe and video of Six Sisters’ Stuff on YouTube. While I grabbed the recipe from them, I of course changed and altered it to our tastes.
One thing about bean and vegetable soup is that you can make it into whatever works for you. If you don’t like something, take it out. If you prefer it a different way, there’s a good chance that it will turn out great.
For a long time I didn’t realize just how easy it was to make soup. I know, if you cook much that probably sounds funny, but it was true. Once I started doing it, I found how easy it was.
In the Instant Pot, I love the taste and flavor of anything we cook. This bean and vegetable soup is no different. Plus, I can use dried beans without soaking them overnight. That is a major plus to me in making soup from scratch.
Here’s the recipe. Remember that you can make it any way you want. This is my preferred method at the moment.
Bean And Vegetable Soup Ingredients
- 8 Cups Water
- 15 oz Bean Soup Blend (Dried beans).
- About 6 stalks Celery (diced), more or less to taste.
- 2 Red Bell Peppers (diced)
- 16 oz bag Carrots (shredded or sliced)
- 2 Ears Corn (shelled from ears), more or less to taste.
- 4 Roma Tomatoes, more or less to taste.
- 1 small bunch Parsley
- 3 tsp of Salt (or to taste).
- 1 TBSP Black Pepper (or to taste).
Directions For Bean And Vegetable Soup
- Quantities listed above are for the 8 quart Instant Pot (please adjust accordingly to the size you have).
- Rinse beans and add to the Instant Pot
- Add water.
- Add Corn, Celery, Carrots, Red Peppers, and Roma tomatoes.
- Mince and add Parsley.
- Add Salt, Black Pepper and any other additional spices you enjoy.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot, set to SEALING.
- Manual or Pressure cook on high for 45 minutes.
- Allow natural release for 20 minutes, then quick release to finish letting steam and pressure out of the Instant Pot.
- Remove the lid and enjoy your soup.
Costs And Servings
We found that this soup prepared this way cost around $10.69 in current prices for our area. The bean and vegetable soup yielded about 8 servings or maybe a little more than that.
Whatever soup we have leftover from a few nights of eating, we freeze flat in quart freezer bags so we can pull them out at any time for a quick meal or lunch.
If you want to watch the Six Sisters’ Stuff video where I got the 15 Bean and Vegetable soup from, see the following video.